CareersThe Port of Hamilton is home to many companies, in a variety of sectors. Please visit their websites to explore career opportunities
Current Employment Opportunities:
The Hamilton-Oshawa Port Authority (HOPA) is seeking an individual to join our Finance & Administration team.
Reporting to the Controller, the Accounting Clerk contributes to the daily operations of the accounting department, ensuring information is accurate, timely and complete. Exceptional attention to detail, thorough understanding of accounting procedures and principles, as well as proficiency with Excel and Outlook are fundamental skills for this role.
- Financial recording requirements, as per IFRS, for wholly owned subsidiary, including customer invoicing, accounts payable and receivable, and inter-company transactions
- Daily banking function for all operations with responsibility for verification and application to customer accounts
- Collection activity for various receivable accounts
- Utility expense management, including coding and recording payables, administering submeter accounts and usage analysis
- Monthly GST/HST returns for parent and sub
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Support for various other activities including fixed asset recording, realty tax administration and month end tasks
- Cross training to support other accounting staff as needed
- Special assignments or projects and other duties as required
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Degree or Diploma in Accounting or related field
- At least 3 years’ experience in similar position
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office products including Excel & Word required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics NAV preferred
Please forward resumes by Friday July 3rd, 2020 including salary expectations to email@example.com
“We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”
Opportunities with Port of Hamilton Companies
Hamilton Port Partners: The Port of Hamilton is home to many companies, in a variety of sectors. Please visit their websites to explore career opportunities:
High Road Logistics
Hydronic Parts Group
Kubes Steel Inc.
Lakeshore Sand Co. Ltd.
Maritime Employers Association
Mattawa Industrial Services
McAsphalt Industries Ltd.
North American Tillage Tools
Parrish & Heimbecker
Robertson Building Systems
The Port of Hamilton is the largest port in Ontario, contributing to $6 billion in economic activity and 38,000 jobs in Ontario.Learn More